When I get ready each morning, I love to dump everything on the counter so I have easy access to all of my makeup. This is why I love my Lay-N-Go bag. It opens up completely so you can see all of your products then when you are done, just pull the drawstring to hide everything. It has a little handle so you can tote it to and from the bathroom. My bathroom doesn’t have a lot of storage, so I store my makeup in our bedroom closet.
Right now, my makeup bag holds a mixture of high-end and drugstore products. I love this article from Real Simple that gives advice on beauty products to splurge on and which to scrimp on.
Recently, I decided I was brave enough to try the “No-poo” / Co-wash / Curly Girl Method that a lot women with curly hair use as a technique to make their hair soft and their curls more defined. I was skeptical at first, because giving up shampoo was terrifying. What if my hair got greasy? What if I can’t stand not washing my hair every day? What if my hair looks worse?
I had a lot of questions, so I went to YouTube and Google to see how to try it out. Here are some of the best websites and videos I found that explain the method:
- DevaCurl: How to Quit Shampoo
- The Curly Girl Method (Curly Penny)
- How To Cowash (Curly Penny)
- How to Co-Wash Naturally Curly Hair
- My Favorite Hair Products (Curly Penny)
- How to Determine if a Hair Product is Curly Girl Approved
- Here’s How To Plop Your Hair For The Best Curls Of Your Life