While preparing for baby, I felt like the nursery needed some pattern. Since we are not planning on staying in the Condo forever, I had to come up with a plan to wallpaper the closet without it 1) being permanent and 2) costing a ton of money. I decided to cover just the backs of the shelves with a pattern.
- Stone Wrap. I purchased the cutest wrapping paper from Becky Higgins. It’s more durable than regular paper, because it’s actually made of limestone. ($7.99 for a roll of 30″x10′)
- 20×30″ Foam core ($2 for 2 sheets)
- Spray adhesive ($7.99)
- Measure and cut the foam core down to the size of the back of the shelves.
- Trace and cut the stone paper down to the same size as the foam core.
- Spray adhesive onto the foam core and attach the paper.
- Place the foam core up against the back of the shelves. They were snug enough to stick without poster strips or removable tape.
Now when we move, all I have to do is remove the pieces of foam core from the closet. The total cost was $18 and the project only took one hour to complete.
Easy and inexpensive!