- Eat breakfast the day of boarding and bring snacks! Lunch can be super late due to the amount of time it takes to board.
- Reserve a seat at the breakfast and lunch buffets before you get your food, so that you have a place to sit when you come back. It’s super competitive around the common meal times of 9-10 am and 12-1 pm.
- There is a lot of time waiting – tendering, excursions, dinner and event lines. Be patient and remember that the staff are doing the best they can.
- Haggle at port(s). Vendors expect it.
- Bring extra cash. I missed out on some souvenirs because the vendors did not take credit cards and there were no ATMs around.
- Watch your portions at breakfast and lunch. The plates are platter size! Thankfully, dinner is pre-portioned and on the smaller side.
- You don’t need to pack towels of any kind. The cruise will generally provide you with bath towels and beach towels for the pools.